Recruitment in Al Futtaim Group Senior Accountant -Treasury Operations | Finance Shared Service Center | Corporate Services (Dubai, AE)
Job Requisition ID: 154912
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced finance professional to join our Finance Shared Service Center in the capacity of Senior Accountant – Treasury Operations.
Overview of the role
As a member of Treasury Back office team, you will be supporting the Al Futtaim Global Treasury Centre (GTC) and the Business Units on the following:
- Liquidity Management through reporting and payment operations
- Loan operations which include drawdown, settlements, roll overs of loans post review of cash flow
- Forex and derivative back office operations including confirmation processing, settlements etc.
- Trade finance documentation review & issuance and coordination with banks
- Settlements and Accounting journals for all treasury related transactions through SAP TRM/ERP
- Month end closing activities and audit
What you will do
Daily Liquidity management
- Preparation of daily liquidity report for all the Group’s bank accounts and Treasury exposures
- Preparation of all transfer letters manually / online in a timely manner to manage the funds appropriately.
- Timely and accurate reporting of all Treasury exposures
- Ensuring all Treasury payments are executed smoothly.
Loan and deposit operations
- Supporting GTC by the provision of necessary reporting in relation to the Group’s loan portfolio of both internal and external loans.
- Preparation of /drawdown / settlement / rollover / pre-settlement request letters in a timely manner either manually / online
- Preparation and submission of deposit placement requests to banks and ensuring the receipt and matching of bank confirmations
- Timely updating loan schedules
- Ensuring timely preparation and submission of loan requests to banks and ensuring loans are received/ repaid
Forex and derivatives
- Ensuring that Forex, options and derivative transactions are confirmed and settled after reviewing bank confirmations
- Timely and accurate completion of the confirmation matching and settlement processes
Trade Finance instruments review & issuance
- Ensuring that requests received from GTC to issue trade finance instruments (Letter of credits, Advance payment guarantees, bid bonds, retention bonds, Stand by Letter of Credits etc) are acted in a timely manner after ensuring DOA compliance
- Supporting with the back-office activities in relation to export letter of credits and bank guarantees received
- Preparation of LC discounting documents to discount and receive payment in a timely manner.
- Preparation of monthly report on all outstanding guarantees & LCs and sending to business for closure of outstanding guarantees.
- Timely issuance of trade finance instruments post review and approval in accordance with DOA.
- Timely support on export LCs and guarantees received.
- Timely updating & tracking all trade finance instruments and raising early warning signals on due dates & outstanding instruments.
Accounting & Audit
- Ensuring that all treasury related transactions (Loans, liquidity, Forex, Trade finance, charges & Interests) are accounted in a timely manner through processes in SAP TRM or ERP
- Ensuring all month end treasury activities of reconciliations, treasury schedules, audit schedules are prepared in a timely manner.
- Timely & accurately posting all accounting journals for treasury transactions.
- Timely closure of all month end activities being postings, reconciliations & schedules.
Required skills to be successful
- Process oriented
- Good communication skills
- Exposure to ERP
What equips you for the role
- A bachelor’s/master’s degree in commerce/financial management/ accountancy.
- With three to five years of experience within the Treasury, function of a medium to large organization or banks.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.