Sr. Accountant (Dubai, AE)
Recruitment in Al Futtaim Group Sr. Accountant (Dubai, AE)
Job Requisition ID: 154823
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
To manage and control various financial and accounting systems and procedures of the company in accordance with the internationally accepted standard, and monitor its internal control to ensure financial stability and maintain complete transparency and accuracy in the system.
What you will do:
- To provide financial support to internal customers: Regional Mall Management and Mall Owner, Retail business team, HR and FM, in relation to Business Review, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting through effective communication in order to meet the business needs
- Responsible for complete accounting cycle for assigned Retail companies. (Revenue, Expense, Closing & Reporting)
- Ensure the activation of leasing contracts after review and perform posting run for all leasing contracts in a timely manner
- Verification of LPO’s, coding and posting of approved expenses in respective GL Accounts, cost centres and ensure approval per DOA for Opex & Capex
- Ensure payments are released per agreed payment terms and all supporting documents are in compliance with Company Policies & Procedures and ensure approval per DOA
- Preparation and review of annual budget, quarterly forecast, 5 year Plan and KPIs thereof
- Liaise with consolidation team and provide the cash flow inputs for weekly and monthly forecasts
- Building of excel models and automations, presentation for all management reporting’s within the stipulated timelines
Senior Accountant – Business Decision Support – Retail shall ensure that the Accounting Policies of Al Futtaim Malls are upheld and that all reporting is in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
Required skills to be successful:
- Well-versed in IAS / IFRS.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Ability to manage time appropriately, communicate effectively with team members and business
What equpis you for the role:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Graduate degree in commerce / accounting / finance with knowledge of Financial Management and Accounting Systems is necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP Financial Software is necessary; SAP and Yardi expertise will be preferred.
Minimum Experience :
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working in diverse teams; retail leasing environment experience will be preferred.
About Al-Futtaim Malls
Al-Futtaim Malls provides development and asset management expertise, specializing in building retail-led super regional malls in prime locations across MENA and beyond. With a proven track record of creating both sustainable revenue growth and value enhancement for tenants, Al-Futtaim Malls delivers exceptional experiences and exciting shopping environments for customers.
Part of the Al-Futtaim Group, Al-Futtaim Malls leadership team brings more than 30 years of experience and a deep understanding and knowledge of the retail sector, both from a shopper’s point of view but as curators of space or landlords to other brands. The company has a directly managed portfolio including over 9 million sqft of retail space across four malls in the MENA region and two under development. Malls under the Al-Futtaim Malls portfolio include Dubai Festival City Mall and Festival Plaza in the UAE, Cairo Festival City Mall in Egypt, Doha Festival City in Qatar and Zenata Mall, Morocco.
Leveraging on the expertise of its parent company, Al-Futtaim Malls established PLEX Management Services offering a full array of services including asset management and development, leasing, and brand experience expertise to shopping mall landlords and retail organizations globally. Implementing global best practice and deploying Al-Futtaim Mall’s deep understanding of mall management and retail dynamics, PLEX promises to deliver continuous growth and long-term value for its partners.
For more information on Al-Futtaim Malls, please visit https://ift.tt/OEILg1Z