Recruitment in Al Futtaim Group National HR Business Partner | Automotive | UAE (Dubai, AE)
Job Requisition ID: 154027
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly capable and motivated HRBP for our Automotive division to advise to senior line management on all human capital management matters with a strategic understanding of the business strategy, priorities and operating model to ensure the right people capabilities are in place to deliver optimum business performance. The Junior HR Business Partner implements and aligns the HR strategies and cyclical agenda; enables a culture of performance, meritocracy and diversity; and complies with Group HR policies whilst always looking for opportunities for operational excellence. This role looks after HR for a large Automotive business unit which could include several automotive brands.
The Junior HRBP role for Automotive will be responsible to act as a trusted advisor to senior line management on all human capital management matters; to ensure a keen understanding of the business so as to implement HR strategies and practices that support robust business growth; reinforce a culture of performance focus, meritocracy and diversity; and comply with Group HR policy.
- Communicate plans and progress against the plan to the HR Function and assigned business unit
- Create and support a continuous improvement environment for HR Activities within the Division
- Ensure new employees are properly inducted into the business and given support to become productive as quickly as possible
- Develop succession plans and retention strategies for key talent and positions.
- Develop and execute a learning and development plan that equips individuals with necessary skills
- Formulate and implement performance management plans to improve performance or assist with exit from the organisation
- Support the business, liaise with Group Training Department to ensure appropriate initiatives are delivered
- Ensure training needs of key and high potential staff are identified and delivered. Ensure all key positions have identified successors
- Manage ER issues within the business units
- Support line managers in creating a culture of employee engagement based upon ‘Al Futtaim Way’ values
- Reinforce at all times a culture of meritocracy, performance-focus and diversity. Act as an advisor to line managers in order to educate them and minimise risk
- Ensure compliance with local law and Group policy throughout the employee lifecycle
- Communicate and implement changes to HR policies and procedures
- Ensure disciplinary procedure is properly applied before any employee is exited from the business
- Act as a trusted business partner and coach to senior line management
- Consult and support line managers across the assigned business unit
- Focus on measuring the employee engagement of the business units and take actions necessary to improve it
- Advise, coach and mentor management and HR team on people related issues. Act as change agent and facilitate transition
- Play an advisory role in creating and managing a lean and multi-skilled workforce
- Support and facilitate the implementation of business structure reorganisation and consolidation to deliver efficiencies
- Play a key role in communicating organisational messages and monitoring feedback within the business units
- Ensure compliance with localisation policy and targets
- Look at business unit productivity and take necessary actions to improve it
- Provide line management with regular and financial reporting of employee costs
- Ensure annual manpower budgeting exercise is conducted accurately and efficiently
- Create, obtain approval for and manage HR Department budget
- Ensure HR Team adherence to the business financial systems and processes
- To ensure compliance to HR policy is maintained, to review and strengthen business internal controls and procedures, ensure compliance of DOA and provide leadership on process and governance
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and other requirements
- To ensure that Emiritization focus is maintained and diversification goals are reinforced and achieved
About the Requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge
- Human Resource, Psychology or Business Management Degree
- CIPD qualification desirable
- Five years HR Generalist Experience
- Previous experience as a HR Business Partner
- Automotive background is a preference
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.