Recruitment in Al Futtaim Group Sales Engineer – HVAC | Retail | Techserve | UAE (Dubai, AE)
Job Requisition ID: 132443
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
The Sales Engineer is required to generate Sales enquires, quote and book Sales of Ducted, Package and VFR products in UAE market, especially in Dubai and NE Market
- Generate Enquiries, follow-up and book Orders as per the Target set by the Business Management
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking
- The accurate completion of monthly management reports covering all activities
- Following up on current leads, opportunities and key accounts
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- Achieve the sales/Gross Margin/Order booking targets set by the management on monthly basis, quarterly basis and yearly basis by activities mentioned below.
- generating enquires on monthly basis so as to achieve order booking strike rate of 15-20% of enquires quoted every month based on assigned Sales/GM targets.
- Design review/Technical estimation for enquires generated by self or others.
- Prepare technical Sales offers for customers/follow up for negotiation/order booking
- Credit Approval process as per company policy/Collection of Debtors
- Generate new customers every month as per Sales target.
- Conducting market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking, and given marketing strategies
- Follow up with customers at presales /after sales for feedback on customer satisfaction.
- Ensure networking by self and all team members with all the stake holders in the Sales enquiry –Developer/consultant/main contractor , Dealer Network and MEP contractors.
- Interaction and engage customer for information feedback related to competitors on pricing/technical information
- Provide relevant marketing collateral e.g. brochures, fact sheets.
- Understanding and analyzing the customer’s needs.
- Answering all the customer’s needs in a professional and efficient manner.
- Regular feedback of Customer creditworthiness knowledge through other suppliers/customer network partners/contractors at pre Sales stage and after Sales stage.
- Sending emails or contacting Sales on urgent inquiries.
- Showing enthusiasm, energy and eye contact to all type of customers.
- Maintain competitors technical data information /market share /Sales data/stocks
- Maintain comprehensive technical knowledge of products and services offering, market intelligence, industry trends and completion in their assigned territory. Knowledge of Ducted with higher capacity , Package Units ,also Knowledge of HVAC design and estimation of Unitary /chilled water systems projects.
System and Process:
- Awareness of policies concerning product programme, sales channels, pricing, sales promotion, credit, stock levels, payment plans, as well as changes in these policies whenever this is deemed desirable. Also maintaining Sales/Project records as per ISO standards.
- Support and communicative positively with Projects department and other departments in AFET to Grow the business and their respective goals.
- Representing the company in the most professional manner at all times.
Required Skills to be successful:-
- At least 5 years’ experience in Sales of A.C equipment in Dubai market with good business contacts with consultants/developers/contractors and Dealer Network in Dubai and NE with excellent track record.
- Customer focussed.
- Proactive attitude
- A team player, who possess a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent spoken/written communication in English (Arabic will be preferred)
- Good Presentation skills
- Good commercial skills-selling/negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and competent letter writing
- Valid UAE driving licence.
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of Ducted units , Package Units Also Knowledge of Air-conditioning design and experience in software selection of VRF products.
- 10 years’ experience in Sales of Air conditioners especially Ducted units and Package Units and VRF products with good sales record of accomplishment in UAE market with good business contacts with consultants/developers/MEP contractors. Also experience in software selection of VRF products.
- Dynamic personality, and flexible.
- Results oriented.
- Must possess strong motivational and Interpersonal skills to create a positive environment.
- To Lead by example by being able to innovate to develop new /alternative strategies continuously and consistently to achieve the Sales and order booking targets.
- Taking Initiative
- Drive for Results
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong/excellent attention to detail
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…